Friday 4 January 2013

What's Rocking My Week

Not sure if this will make sense. Might get someone to give once over before it is posted doing on phone sort of sucks but at least the post gets done lol...but I'd like to start year as I mean to go on so here is what's been rocking my week this week

My son being here

I missed him like crazy the whole Christmas week...his dad had never had him over Christmas and I figured he'd probably be gone in few years anyway. So asked him if he wanted to go and spend it with his dad. So Sunday 23rd to last Sunday he wasn't here. It was a lot more difficult without him here so I definitely appreciate him that much more. You don't know what you have til It's not there. Maybe I should come and stay with one of you for a week then people might appreciate what little I can do about the house lol

Babies

After the past few years it has been very painful to see so many of my friends having babies. Each baby born has made the pain less and the joy more....someone I know had A baby on new year's day and it was the first time I felt a lot more joy than pain ...oh she is so cute......so Yeay for more joy when there are new bundles of baby about the place.

Settling

I settled this week for buying something and not making myself ill trying to craft something for someone's birthday. Probably no biggie for most people but I not only settled...I was actually happy about it...because I had saved what energy I had to give to the kids and spend more time.

My nan

Seeing my nan last weekend was ace. At first we couldn't see a way to get down there as although mum and Dad only live 90 mins away the journey isn't such a good thing and couldnt do it in one day. Knew if we stayed there I'd try to be more social and make things worse so we stayed over somewhere and went to see them in morning. I love my nan <3 she hugged me so hard my glasses bent..so I think she loves me too lol....

Days inn

They take dogs!!!!! I was able to stay over when we went to see the family as you are allowed dogs in there...even on the bed!!!!! That was a massive positive this week as since we got her from rescue she hasn't been in a kennel so I was very worried that we would have to. Yeay

Games on tablet/mobile

Not only can I blog on mobile I can also darn well play with my friends. Bed will be a big part of my life for a wee while so being able to play games with my friends even tho they are so far away is a major Yeay. Isn't technology fabbytastic? ....

So yeah I think that is all. Been working in the week on it and trying to sort out spelling and fat wobbly hand letter errors but sorry if It's not too coherent.

I hope your week has been a good one. Happy 2013 and I wish you all the best xxxxxx feel free to write a post yourself....you might be surprised what positives might lurk in your week if you have a good look

Xxxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Oh that's a fabulous post, so many positives to start your New Year, I'm glad you are able to appreciate your son that bit more now he's home, like you said sometimes we forget to appreciate until they aren't there and then we realise!

    Sending you hugs on celebrating babies more now, I can only imagine that you have had a heavy burden to carry but starting to enjoy this in others is a massive rocking moment ((((hugs))))))

    I'm loving the fact you 'settled' rather than over doing things - now that's sensible and means you can put your energy where you want to rather than where you think it 'should' be!

    Family times and dog friendly places for you and games on tablet and blogging on mobile - all fabulous positives and moments. Sending you hugs that this week is beautiful and blessed to enable you to enjoy your week.

    big hugs

    Virginia

    PS I love your Nan statement about your glasses bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely positive post!
    You've got your priorities sorted....I must take a leaf from your book...I still tend to overdo things and stress if I can't do them....
    And I love the fact that Days Inn accept dogs!!! Max is 10 and has never been in kennels so it's great to know of a chain that accepts dogs!
    Thanks for that.
    Happy New Year!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie kept wanting to go on the bed as she does in our house so hubby went and asked and they are allowed on the beds too its great...five pounds per stay even if you stay a week xx,

      Delete
  3. Sounds like so many blessings counted to start the year.
    I totally relate to your gift decision. I alway start thinking I'm making the gift, however with me I usually don't finish (or even start) in time and end up throwing money at something or other. I feel your pain/joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely positive post - what a fab way to kick-off a new year.

    Have a great week and I hope 2013 is wonderful for you.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully positive way to start 2013. I applaud your decision to settle for, and actually be happy with, buying a gift for a friend. Good for you - I always think that I wouldn't want someone busting a gut and getting into a pickle making something for me so it's ok to choose to not get into a state for someone else. There's enough in life to stress about.

    Wishing you and your family a happy New Year!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt so guilty this year not making anything for anyone, am going to think of it your way, a much healthier way to look at things.

    I love reading about the love between you and your Nan. It's a beautiful thing to read Gail.

    I have to agree with you about the phone though with me it's the tablet. Am sat here stuck on sofa but finally catching up on Blog land. It's fan, I was missing everyone so much! I need to check out the games though by the sound of it.

    Have a lovely week Gail - hopefully a bit more restful with kids back to school x x

    ReplyDelete